Setting up a Sky Drone FPV 3, Sky Drone Link 3 or Sky Drone 4G/LTE Upgrade for Yuneec H520 unit is fairly straight forward. We are committed to safeguard the privacy of our customers and their data and as a result the setup process requires a few steps to get going.
Generally, it is absolutely essential that you follow each step in our product manual precisely step-by-step. Do not skip any step, do not rush it.
Initial Setup Steps
After purchasing, you need to
- Create an account through our client app
- Pair the device with that account
Problems with Pairing
Before booting up the unit, please ensure the following:
- All ports are connected according to the manual
- The SIM card is placed properly in the unit
- The SIM card has data enabled
- The power supply outputs at least 2A (if in doubt, use a LiPo battery with the supplied uBEC)
Once you can check all those points, after booting the unit, the "skydrone-config" WiFi hotspot should come up as expected.
Command & Control Connection Not Working
If you've got the video working and you now want to connect a ground control station (GCS) to your drone you can do that according to the user manual. If such connection does not work out of the box, the most common reason is a wrong baud rate.
Ensure to set the same baud rate as your GCS. Default is "115200".
We recommend PX4 and APM autopilots.
Examples of GCS Connections
- Sky Drone FPV 2 with QGroundControl
- Sky Drone FPV 2 with Mission Planner
- Sky Drone FPV 2 with Dronekit.io
The instructions above also apply for our latest products (FPV 3, Link 3, 4G/LTE Upgrade for Yuneec H520).
None of this solves your issue?
We're happy to help. Please do reach out to us: